Mobile app prototyping is always a challenge for the majority of app developers. On the other hand, it comes with a set of crucial advantages that should never be underestimated. They make the process of app prototyping as one of the most important stages of the development process.
The app prototyping is actually the same as building the main concept of the future product. It lets developers detect and eliminate some pitfalls from the very start as well as establish an efficient collaboration with the customer making sure they understand each other well. Prototyping apps delivers some of the following essential advantages:
- The ability to understand customers’ need and eliminate all possible misunderstanding from the very start;
- Choose the most appropriate technologies and clarify the methodology and spec before the development process;
- The app prototype helps to estimate the future project as well as the main features to be implemented;
- Mobile app prototyping lets developers test the product in real time with real users focusing on the target audience as well as key aspects of the process;
- The app prototype comes as the fundamental basis for the future startup. At the same time, it makes it possible to establish fair and clear pricing;
- An interactive app prototype lets developers determine all necessary technical issues and specifications before launching the programming process.
These are only a few of key advantages delivered by prototyping. At this stage. All members of the development team should work together. Designers collaborate with developers and programmers to clarify all specs when prototyping mobile apps.
We have determined the key pros of mobile prototyping. But how can it be implemented? What are the best prototyping tools? What are the most efficient and cost effective prototyping methods?
App Prototyping Tools
Developers usually opt for some proven platforms and tools that let them handle mobile app prototyping no matter how complex and hard the future project is. We are going to describe some of those tools making it easy for you to choose the best one in case you decide to create your own prototype of the future application.
- Proto.io is among the most popular prototyping tools with development teams. Launched in 2011, the platform was initially designed for creating prototypes. The main advantage of the platform is that you do not have to proceed with coding. At the same time, prototyping is very simple due to an intuitive and user-friendly interface. You can use this prototyping tool not only for mobile apps but also for Smart TV, gaming consoles and other segments going far beyond smartphone prototypes. Whether you choose iOS or Android platforms as your target OS. Proto.io appears to be an efficient prototyping tool for any mobile operating system. You will hardly face any difficulties when making any changes and improvements as well as revise your prototype and proceed with any corrections you need.
- Creating your prototype with Fluid UI is also a good idea. This prototyping tool has proved to be a decent alternative when it comes to creating the concept of your future app. Although this is a browser-based prototyping platform, it is the best bet whenever you need to craft your app prototype as fast and easy as possible. The platform cooperates with some of the biggest names in the industry including Samsung, Google and many more. In other words, the prototyping solution can boast a huge portfolio and flawless reputation in addition to some other obvious advantages. You can rapidly build any prototype with the help of HTML5 prototyping services delivered by the platform.
- InVision is the last but not the least tool for prototyping. Moreover, the platform has already made a name for itself as actually the best alternative to create a prototype of your mobile app. It has already gained the world’s recognition and become a #1 choice for the majority of development teams that always need to create a prototype for every project they complete. The main advantage of the prototype-building tool is its management feature that enables an efficient collaboration between developers and customers letting them work together when creating a prototype. They can use the feature to make notes, write comments and make claims related to a particular prototype. It creates a strong and efficient feedback. Designers will also appreciate a set of vital features and options. The good thing about InVision prototype builder is the fact that its developers regularly come up with platform updates and modifications. They constantly add new features making the list as long as possible. UX designers will like the set of features making it easy for them to bring every customer’s idea to life when building a prototype. Another great news is that the platform can be used together with some major cloud-based solutions including Dropbox and Google Drive. At the same time, developers may synchronize it with such messengers and task software like Slack and Box. If you need to create only one prototype, you can use the platform free. If you need to build more than one prototype, you only need to pay $15- monthly fee.
- We almost forgot to tell you about Justinmind. It is another decent tool whenever you need to build a prototype of the mobile application. Many experienced developers have already heard about the platform, as it made its debut 9 years ago. The main advantage of this prototype-building solution is the ability to work offline without having any problems in case the internet connection is unavailable. Whether you need to design a simple application screen or come up it a complicated project with plenty of features and options, Justinmind will be a good choice even if you need to develop a prototype for a complex administration panel. In other words, the platform is good for both professional developers and rookies. Designers will be glad to find a selection of great UI tools to build any prototype. As soon as they start using Justinmind, they will get an access to a huge UI library that is updated all the time. If you have a limited budget being unable to pay $19 per month to build any prototype you need in spite of the quantity, you can benefit from a 30-day free trial. Whatever you choose, you will certainly like a set of features and tools delivered by Justinmind to let you cope with any prototype for the mobile app.
Mobile App Prototyping Needs a Professional Approach
All the above-mentioned tools establish different approaches when it comes to creating an initial concept of the future app. For this reason, developing the application on your own can be a complicated and tie-consuming task without mentioning the budget.
Our company has a pool of dedicated and creative experts that include UI and UX designers, developers and programmers who will choose the best platform in accordance with your needs and type of project. We implement some of the most innovative and advanced technologies to bring your every idea to life. Our mission is to deliver a product of superior quality featuring a smooth operation and great performance.